Careers at MOMco
Mortgage UnderwriterMount Olympus Mortgage Company is a direct lender and we are located in Irvine, CA. We offer a diverse product menu of the available loan program options in the market place. The MOMCo leadership team has a combined lending experience of over 130 years. Our goal is to deliver accurate information, competitive rates, and a transparent process for our clients. We offer an excellent workplace atmosphere and advancement opportunities for the right individual.
Responsible for underwriting 3-4 residential loans per day and reviewing information on mortgage loan documents to determine if borrower, property and loan conditions conform to Federal/State regulations and Government requirements, as well as, Secondary and Mount Olympus Mortgage Company program guidelines. The Underwriter is a Senior level position and should be able to work with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwrites FHA Title II residential loans; reviews loan-to-value ratios, credit reports, applications and appraisals to ensure that each loan meets the secondary marketing guidelines.
- Prepares all necessary approval documents including worksheets required to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Reviews conditions and reworks existing files as necessary to ensure compliance with secondary marketing and regulatory guidelines.
- Communicates suspense/re-work requirements to Loan Officers.
- Identifies alternate financing solutions (as necessary) or escalates files to Underwriting Manager for second level review; Works with
- Sales and Processors to negotiate alternatives with borrowers.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & LICENSES:
- DE Certification with current government loan underwriting experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tax return analysis for self-employed borrowers (including corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships).
- Thorough working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within underwriting field.
- Strong knowledge of loan origination for mortgage and/or home equity loans, knowledge of all internal products.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Automated Underwriting Systems, such as DU/DO, LP, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines; Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction.
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-5 years of recent FHA -DE Underwriting experience. (DE is not required but is a plus)
- Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Industry references required
Mortgage Loan Officer
Mount Olympus Mortgage Company (“MOMCo”), headquartered in Irvine, California is looking for experienced and NMLS licensed Mortgage Loan Officers.
MOMCo is licensed to conduct business in California, Florida, Colorado, Idaho, Washington and Oregon.
We provide leads and cutting edge client management systems with automated scheduling and online portals. We also have our own online appraisal management portal to expedite the loan process.
We market our loan officers as trusted advisors instead of the stereotypical sales person pushing a product. All loan officers receive a fully supported internet and social media marketing campaign equipped with a Social Media Business Card, as well as a personalized website with direct application access for loan applicants which is then linked to your personal pipeline. Our sales team is supplied with direct mail campaigns and inbound calls with live lead transfers.
Because our associates are what make our brand strong and unique, we are dedicated to hiring only outstanding, licensed individuals and providing them with opportunities to build their dream careers.
We encourage you to discover the opportunities that await you so you can fulfill your personal and professional goals. Please email your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Desired Skills and Experience:Must be licensed by NMLS and must have strong technology skills. Experience with eSign and eFolder is a plus. Experience with Leads360 is recommended. Experience with automated email marketing is strongly preferred. Open mind to new sale techniques and strategies to improve your bottom line is welcome.
Retail Mortgage Lender. FHA Direct Endorsement Lender with a diverse product menu of all the available loan program options in the market place. Also all conforming products available and we are a Fannie Mae HOME PATH approved lender.
Safe, Transparent and Responsible Lending.
The Mount Olympus leadership team has a combined lending experience of over 130 years. Our goal is to deliver accurate information, competitive rates, and a transparent process for our clients.
- All of our mortgage bankers are SAFE Act licensed. In 2008 the Federal government enacted a new federal licensing requirement known as the SAFE Act. It establishes minimum standards for licensing which include background checks, credit checks, testing, ongoing education requirements and registration of loan originators in order to enhance consumer protection. All of our mortgage bankers are SAFE Act licensed and registered. We comply with all federal licensing, state licensing and lending policies.
- We comply with a strict “no-steering policy”. None of our employees are incentivized to put you in one loan program over another. Our loan process is always looking out for our clients best interest.
We provide an upfront and honest Good Faith Estimate (GFE) New federal regulations require lenders to provide customers a standardized Good Faith Estimate or GFE when disclosing rate and fees. The new and improved GFE is designed to make all lenders conform to a standardized document. At MOMco, transparency is key to earning the trust of our clients.